A time to share

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Magic Monday!

Well, I did it! I performed at Magic Monday at third place books. My public debut so to speak. I thought I was going to be second to perform, but as always, twists and turns make life interesting. I was up first. Five of us performed and I got things jumping right away with a nice mystery using the Amazing Acrobatic Knot and finished with the Cups and Balls. All went well. The audience was receptive and responsive.
My friend Steve Ameden video taped the performances. WOW! What you can learn from seeing yourself on video! Well it wasn't all bad, in fact pretty good. I have a lot of work to do to improve but all in all I liked what I saw!
The performers were Brett Johnson performing the Professors Nightmare and a sponge ball routine using a brown paper bag and an audience member. Personally I wouldn't do that sponge ball routine as it seemed to somewhat humiliate the helper by having him hold a paper bag on his head throughout the routine.
Next up was Philemon, He also invited a member of the audience up and it happened to be my son Ryan who was in attendance to give his old man(me) support!
Philemon did a numbers trick. It was o.k. but moved along rather slowly. I did however enjoy watching Philemons "presence" on the video. He was relaxed and in control throughout. I seemed to be "rushing" a bit as I performed.
Master Payne got up next and did a comedy bit using the six card repeat. I liked his act because I saw him take a trick and make it his own. Payne has a wonderful ability to do this.
Last up was a special guest magician, Thomas Wayne who is in town from Alaska visiting his father. Thomas performed three effects. A wonderful comedy routine involving a poem of his granmothers while seperating pairs of socks and illustrating about how they get lost in the dryer. He also performed a very nice comedy card trick with an audience mentally selected card. His last routine involved a thought of two digit number and he drew a sudoku board with numbers and her thought of number was revealed in a marvelous way.
the best part of the evening for me was that my wife went with me. We enjoyed just being together. It was nice t finally meet Jose's wife Cindy. She seems like a lovely lady too. Jose is a fortunate man too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim did great! Best of the night.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim did great! Best of the night.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I think it might have been the quality of effects I chose to do.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home