A time to share

Monday, August 10, 2009

More from California

Wednesday morning came early as I got to bed at 4:30 am the night before. I had been awake for about 38 hours straight, performed magic at the Universal city walk, went out dancing, and partying with the boys and finally slept til about 10 am.
A hike was on the menu for the day.
We hooked up with Aaron Fisher again, and another magician named Irving.
We hiked up Griffith park, well part way up anyway.
(http://www.lacity.org/rap/dos/parks/griffithpk/griffith.htm)It was a nice hike in the California sunshine! I got a nice burn in my calves and was sweating well.
Griffith Park has an amazing history, look it up at the link provided.
Near the beginning of our hike is the entrance to the "Bat Cave" from the original T.V. series, Batman from the 1960's, this little hole in the earth brought back some interesting memories for me! it was a nostalgic moment, as you can see, I did a batman "POW" from the t.v. series! Haha!(Guess you had to see the t.v. shows?)
Tom & Polly treated me superbly.
They wouldn't let me do any work, Tom's point was simply, relax, you are on vacation!
He BBQ'd daily for us. Chicken, steaks, and pork chops, salads, and fruit! Needless to say, we ate great!
I even got along great with their cats!
Sun bathing in the back yard, and smoking cigars.
Saw some interesting bugs too, look at these beetles with their heads stuck into some fig tree fruit! Gotta tell ya, these baby's are big, and when they fly, they make a loud buzzing sound with their wings. Yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home