A time to share

Monday, October 16, 2006

Thanksgiving in October!


I worked the weekend, but couldn't sleep Saturday as my mind sometimes won't shut down, I guess I would be diagnosed as ADD (Attention Disorder) by the experts. I was thinking about the Turkey I was planning on cooking at about 1 pm and the Huskies game against the Oregon State Beavers. So, I got out of bed and prepared the Hibatchi pot for cooking. It needed to be emptied of ashes so I would get a good air flow. That done, time to cook the bird. I was curious about this bird as my wife said it had been frozen for maybe two years. I was worried that it might have gone bad.
Well, I was excited to try cooking one in the Hibatchi so went ahead anyway, hoping not to get food poisoning. The bird might be freezer burned but I really didn't worry about that as much as the chance of getting sick.
All went well! Turkey,Mashed potatoes and gravy in October!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Frank said...

Gobble Gobble

8:48 AM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

We gobbled it!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home