A time to share

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

He's My Brother

Visited my brother in the hospital today. It is painful to see him. He is struggling with pain and we think withdrawal from alcohol as well... He moans and groans, coughs and tightens and clenches. His wife stays with him constantly. I offered to relieve her, but to no avail. Since I normally am awake all night at work I thought I would let her go home and get some sleep while I stayed with him. She wasn't having none of it! I am proud of her for her diligence. She is on top of everything. Doing a great job being by his side.
I have loved this song for more than 30 years, if you have never heard it, you are in for a treat. I remember first hearing Neil Diamond sing it, This is the Hollies. Close your eyes, sit back and hear the lyrics, feel the lyrics.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home