A time to share

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Movie revue The Pursuit of Happyness


Joan and I went to see The Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith and his sons movie debut. We liked the movie. It was a gut wrencher with a positive message about perseverance and hard work. However, It is not the type of movie I normally go to the big screen to watch. It is not "big" and majestic. Usually I wait to see this type of movie on DVD. But it was good time out with my broken footed wife!

You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.

If you've ever been poor, this movie may be hard to watch. It depicts poverty in America in gut wrenchingly accurate ways. I've been as poor as Chris Gardner, and, like him, I've been poor among very rich people in the Bay Area while trying to work my way up.
Chris Gardner is a loving father and failing businessman. He is chosen for a competitive internship at Dean Witter, a stock brokerage. The internship, which offers Chris a very long shot at a better life, doesn't pay any salary. Chris has to live without a salary for six months while risking just about everything for that long shot gamble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home