A time to share

Friday, April 11, 2008

Yep! Earned It!

My sore back, and aching muscles, tired body and shoulders sore! I stayed up all day today, it is now well into my 30th hour. I went to our church this morning and mowed the lawn. Yes, They have a riding mower, Then I used a blower to blow the parking lot. All in all, about a two hour job.I listened to my sweet ipod the whole time. Half hour driving time each way. So about a three hour day for our church.

I stopped on the way home at the lumber store. Picked up some lumber and screws and built a sweet table for our Big Green Hibachi! I was tired of it sitting all lonely on the deck. I was worried the round hole would be too small.

Now it has a special place and is elevated for easier access!

Another nice aspect of this table is I now have a place for plates and food as well as a place to hang spatulas and tongs and other utinsels!
It all turned out GREAT!
These tables are running anywhere from $350.00 to over $500.00 on the internet. I spent roughly $80.00! My labor was about four hours with lots of coffee!
There is something to be said about the satisfaction of building something yourself! Besides, I have all these great saws and power tools!
This Hibachi Pot is an original clay model from Japan. The new ones that are made by the Big Green Egg and Kamado companies are made of ceramic materials.
This particular Hibachi Pot was brought home by my wife's father Albert while he was a navigator for Northwest Airlines. It probably sat in his garage still banded to the original packing crate for over 40 years. We found it while cleaning out the garage after he passed away four years ago. We noticed it in the back behind a bunch of "other" stuff. We thought it might be an old vacuum cleaner. What a nice surprise. Everytime we use it, we are reminded of Joan's dad!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty Walsh said...

Nice work Tim. That table is lookin' good!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Thanks mister Walsh, I have to finish it yet, some staining and Man O' War varnish.. but I am excited about it, When you are here next, You and Gina and the little one will definitely have to come by and enjoy a meal. By the way, nice job on the circus gig! Congrats!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home