A time to share

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Golf on Monday,

Late post for last Monday.
Mike and I went to Druidsglen and golfed 18 holes. Nice and hot weather. I was striking the ball extremely well... Too well it seems as I was putting too much into it and the ball was sailing, sailing over the trees off to the right... Had a little bit of a pull hook! Hit some balls about 20 or more yards further than I ever have before too, I wonder if losing about ten pounds and working out, becoming more agile and limber has anything to do with it?!
Mike says it is the hot weather, and while that may have something to do with it... I don't think it can account for the two drives of 300t yards..I also hit a five iron about 200 yards and when I finished my swing, I noticed that the club actually hit the back of my leg. This surprised me, and the ball flight was totally cool. Like a cannon shot!
I am hoping it is the loss of weight and the working out!
I will carry on as my wayward son...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

300 yard drive takes a swing speed of 120 mph! Wow, that's like Tiger Woods. You should turn pro.

6:19 PM  
Blogger John said...

Not bad Tim, I was playing golf last week, I almost broke 100... 2 more clubs and I would of!!!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Yes... well, unless you land right on 100... you will break it!
As to the other comment, I might have had a tail wind, it was warm out and the last 120 yards were down hill... I actually hit that one 320 yards... maybe I actually got some roll, or perhaps I hit a sprinkler head?

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home