A time to share

Sunday, June 07, 2009

La Weekend...

Friday I tried to only sleep for a few hours, hoping to get some stuff done during the day and to make sure to sleep later that night...
Well, I got to sleep around 8 am, and ended getting up around two in the afternoon, a little more sleep than I wanted. I washed both the car and the Tahoe and enjoyed a nice evening at home.
Saturday, I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, got up, ate some left over chicken pasta that was delicious, and then waxed the car in the garage at about 4:30 am. Weird huh!? I listened to my iPod so as not to wake anyone else. Started crying when I head Sheena Easton sing "Wind Beneath My Wings." That song is a tribute to my mom, although I am sure they didn't know it at the time. I listened to it three times in succession. Thinking of my mom who has been gone for 16 years now and how she was awesome and really a strong, wonderful woman. I also reminisced about my younger brother as I listened to the music. He has been gone now two years. I miss him a ton too.
Katie met up with Ryan's girlfriend to go on a hike up Rattle Snake Ridge. Joan drove Katie to see her and I decided to clean the gutters. While up on the roof top I thought I might as well clean the skylights too. Several gutter spikes were coming loose so I got a hammer and pounded them back in.
Next I cleaned all the outside windows and some of the inside ones as well. Next week we are having company, and well... a good excuse to get some "Spring" cleaning done.
Between washing both vehicles on Friday, waxing the car Saturday and cleaning windows, my back began to tighten up. My wife took me out for a coffee and it really got bad.
I crashed on the couch for few hours with a heating bad on my back. We rented the movie 7 pounds starring will Smith. Really a great movie and a tear jerker.
So here it is Sunday, woke up at about 5:30 am. Got up, made a nice egg omelet and getting ready to go to church.
Going to be a long day, gotta work tonight at 11 pm and sleep arrives tomorrow at about 7 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home