A time to share

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Magic Room

I have had this idea to put together a magic room in my home. A place that I can practice my favorite art, and have some buddies over for a session.
The room has been a disaster for a while. I just keep sort of throw stuff in there. Recently, about four months ago I purchased two book shelves. They are nice, Monday, Memorial day I installed sliding mirrors in place of the sliding doors for the closet. Now I can watch myself easily as I practice my craft! It also made the room look larger and brought in a little more light.
Yesterday I found a nice round poker table on Craigslist. I have been looking for awhile. I thought of making one because all I was seeing was mostly tables with a "rail" of some sort on them. Most also had cup holders built into them, and this was not what I wanted. I found this yesterday and thought at first I would cover the table with felt or suede. I don't plan on using the table for poker, but mainly just to practice on. It is pretty cool, very sturdy and it lends itself to the theme I am trying to build into the room. I suppose I can use, at least for a while what are called close up mats for practicing.

2 Comments:

Blogger markjens said...

Hey - looks like the table worked out just fine! Now hows it that session room coming along '8) ?

Mark

7:31 AM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

It is inching along Mark, wanna break it in!?

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home