A time to share

Monday, October 11, 2010

Waiting for someone to die

What a weird thing to write...
Yet it is true enough.
While I was spending time in Las Vegas, living life large, enjoying the company of a couple hundred magicians and wanna be magicians...
My mother in law, age 90 has been in the hospital. She came down with Pneumonia, as of this writing, she has been in the hospital for ten days.
My wife has been carrying the burden of this all these days. Her sisters have been joining in the "vigil" when they can.
But Joan has been primary in this endeavor.
Today (now yesterday) we tried to celebrate our sons last day as a Marine. 10-10-10 was his last day although he has been home for about a month.
We had my wife's family over for a hamburger BBQ.
But it was dampened by her mothers plight at the hospital.
Her mom, Marion is not on life support, her organs are dying, she is assisted with her breathing and that is all. I have been told that she has stopped breathing for several beats on a few occasions and then starts again.
I guess this is a better way to go than suddenly, at least we can prepare in our minds for the inevitable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Sorry to hear about Joan's mom. To make it to 90 is pretty good, and if she is not suffering then that's good. My mom is 80 and doing OK. But my dad died from cancer 9 years ago and it was awful. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Hope you have a good week Tim.

7:31 AM  
Blogger markjens said...

Tim, please let Joan know that we continue to keep her and her family in our hearts and minds. It is tough, feeling this passage of a life so entwined in our own. I hope that she and hers can find comfort in their own ways. Give her a hug, Tim - often.

Your friend,
Mark

3:25 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Thank you guys, Marion died today at 12:25 pm. She is no longer in pain and dancing feely on the streets paved with gold! I can see her smiling, laughing and kicking up her heels!
The utter joy of being in heaven, the shedding of our frail human bodies must be one of the most awesome, joyous events we will ever know!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home