A time to share

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nice Long Weekend

Got off work Friday morning and met some work friends at Riverbend Golf course... The weather was cold and windy. I haven't golfed since last October. I have been golfing almost once a week for about 8 years straight. This is the longest layoff from golf during that time. It was enjoyable to get back out on the links. The course played well considering the winter we are "enjoying!" I shot a round of 91, finishing the par 5, 18th hole with a nice one putt birdie!
Saturday morning Katie and I and our newest family member Cub, hopped in the suburban and went for a drive to Kent. Katie and Cub (and me) had our first canine manners class.

It is a beginners course in dog obedience. It is geared towards the novice dog handler which would include myself and my daughter. Cub was one of the more relaxed dogs at the class which includes six other canines and their handlers.
I have been spending many hours lately trying to get the back yard totally fenced so that we can leave Cub outdoors unsupervised. We have an interesting fencing development because we have three different fences. Chain link on one side, a standard wooden fence along the back and a rail fence on the other side. I had to replace the chain link fence because of the windstorm of a few years ago. Two very large trees from our neighbors' yard came crashing down taking out the fence. We decided at the time to totally get rid of the fence. So, I dug up all the posts and rolled up the wire fabric and now have been digging like a dog to replace it all! Tired and sore, sore and tired I am! I stapled a wire mesh like a heavy chicken coop wire all along the rail fencing on the other side. Almost done!!!
I took Monday off because Ryan came home for dinner Sunday night and to see the new dog! I got a lot of work done on the fences Monday, but still have a long way to go.
Hope the weather stays clear and dry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home