A time to share

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sunshine and Rain

Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day in the Pacific Northwest (The Sunshine)... In the 70's.
I went golfing at Elk Run near my home with some friends, Mike, John and Dan the fisherman ...
Dan and I walked the course and we each had really good front nine rounds. Dan was actually playing WAY over his head... It was great to see him golfing so well. He has been losing weight lately and I think it has helped his golf swing! My lovely wife joined us for the back nine walk... I started out great with back to back pars a bogey, bogey and two more pars before blowing up on the last three holes. Dan mentioned that I probably got tired. Well that was probably true. Having worked all night and then golfing and not taking a cart. I had been using a golf cart alot lately because my friend Mike had knee problems and he takes a cart, so I was joining him, but I think it has been detrimental to my stamina. My back is still sore and so it played a small part in my three hole blow up too... All in all it was a great day and fun and laughter was had by all.

I spoke with our son Eric the marine about three days ago and he informs me that my brother Ted's liver exploded (whatever that means) and he has about 45 days to live. (The rain)... That's about all I know as I have been outcast, cut off and dis owned by my siblings. It is a very sad thing to me. Ted was a great friend and brother to me. I am deeply hurt and saddened that I am "out of the loop." I think my pride is keeping me from delving back into the family matters. It is hard when you stretch out your hand or neck so to speak and it continually gets chopped off. Eventually you must get on with your own life and look after yours.
I have been so blessed in my life that I want those same things for others. It is difficult to stand by and watch people destroy their own lives when they have so much to live for and offer. These are the trying times in ones life when it is hard to know what to do or say. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
I remember a post card I once gave to a boss of mine. It read:
1: The boss is always right.
2: If the boss is wrong. Read Rule #1.
I have tried to equate this in some way to my actions and concern for the members of my family.
1: I love you!
2: I would never knowingly do anything to harm or hurt you. All I do is always to benefit you in some way. If for any reason you do not see or understand it, see rule #1.
I think God is like this towards us. So often we do not see how, or why He is doing what He is doing. Or why "this thing" is happening to me. But we can be assured that He always loves us and only wants great things for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home