A time to share

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Been Fun

Having Eric home for the last several days has been great!
He and Katie have been bonding. I don't think he realizes the effect he has on her. The love she feels for her big brother who has been "off to war."
It is strange in some ways to know he has been to Iraq and back, not because it is a foreign country, but because he went there to be a part of something that we often do not understand and that we take for granted. The fact that he carries weapons with him at all times and is in charge of a bomb sniffing dog. His missions entail searching vehicles as they pass thru the city gates and some other such searches. Finding weapons caches and the like.
Our relationship has changed. Father son has evolved. He is definitely a man now. The little kid is still there at times. I am thankful he has remained himself thru all this. I continue to pray that he will.
I have had trouble working out since my return home from North Carolina. I have recently gotten back into it. Having Eric here is certainly inspiring. Wow!

Tomorrow I will be performing at Cutters Point in Covington. It is a small coffee shop privately owned. I will be doing walk around and try to fit in a short platform show. The place is small and I am trying to figure out where I can "set up" for a performance. Should be an interesting learning experience.
I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home