A time to share

Friday, November 21, 2008

Two in a row baby!


I performed for some elderly folks yesterday!
It was a place called The Lakeshore near Renton, Wa.
Many people were in attendance including my wife and some neighbors I invited from my childhood.
They are now both 88 years old.
We all hit it off immediately!
That is why I posted under the heading Two in a row!
I don't want to jinx myself, but maybe I'm beginning to enter a new era in my performing.
I hope so! It is really great to connect with your audience!
I wasn't nervous at all and was just myself, whoever that is.
Lots of laughter, clapping, and smiling!
I was as uplifted as they were!
Now that is what I believe Shakespeare was talking about when he made the comment. "an entertainer is only as good as his audience!"
They were great and I was great, we fed off of each other!
OUTSTANDING!
I think I have turned a corner as far as being a performer, and getting over myself.
I have studied many books on the subject, about getting out of your own way and to the point of knowing your "stuff" so well that you can focus your energies on the audience.
Am I perfect? Am I "there" yet? I don't think those things are totally achievable, I just am having so much fun with it, that it is becoming more relaxing and enjoyable for all concerned.
Am I Bragging? Not at all. I am just recognizing that a lot of hard work is beginning to pay off and produce fruit!
I have been in magic for a full five years now and it is time that I realized that I am no longer "green."
I have some talent and am excited to be able to share it with the few people in the world that I come into contact with!
Confidence is becoming greater!
It is so awesome to hear people laugh, clap and make sounds of astonishment.
What a treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home