A time to share

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Now that was fun...

I realized last night that I really enjoy cutting up wood! Saws and there loud whining. The power of it all. Making a big saw dust pile, sweeping the floor afterward. The smell of wood being cut, I love working with wood.
This "carpentry" stuff runs in my family, my father and his father, and on and on, my brother has been a professional carpenter his whole adult life. If I could choose another life, I would have worked right along side him all these years. Our younger brother had that opportunity for several years.
I don't know... maybe if it was my "job" I wouldn't enjoy it so much. I am in the process of putting together some more "magic" tables. A friend requested a green one. He saw some nice ones at the Magic Castle in L.A. This caused me to do more research and purchase some pool table felt and some other supplies.
Something called Volara foam Padding. Didn't know about it. It is used under the felt on many gaming tables. I found some on Ebay. It's in the mail and on the way.
I think I have enough wood to make about six tables... but who will buy them?
My wife thinks I am crazy to build stuff with out a secure order... but hey, I like doing this stuff, and if you haven't guessed it already... I am crazy! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home