A time to share

Friday, August 20, 2010

In My In Box...

"The Dash has made me think about a lot of things and it's always in the back of my mind now. And thank you for being my special friend from Washington. You've been an inspiration to me Tim and I mean that. I look where I was in March/April, biding my time with a broken leg, just being a mere collector and now I'm eager to perform. I have a long way to go, but I'll get better, I know it. I've traveled a long way in the last 5-6 months and have a new goal for the rest of my life, thanks to you. All from an ordinary eBay transaction. Amazing."

Bob

I met Bob thru an Ebay transaction about six months ago, and we have become fast friends. It is amazing what we can do if we just treat people with sincerity!
I love magic! I appreciate all the magicians that have gone before, and the one's especially that have impacted my life on a personal level. Tom Frank, Steve Ameden, Mark Jensen, Jose Floresca. I could name more but I think the point is made.
What a zany, fun, crazy journey!
Who woulda thunk it!

So posted below is the Poem:

The Dash

by Linda Ellis © 1998.

I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on her tombstone from the beginning to the end. He noted that first came the date of her birth and spoke of the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years.
For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth...
And now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not, how much we own; the cars .... the house... the cash.
What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.
So think about this long and hard ... are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left. (You could be at "dash mid-range")
If we could just slow down enough to consider what's true and real,
And always try to understand the way other people feel.
And be less quick to anger, and show appreciation more,
And love the people in our lives like we've never loved before.
If we treat each other with respect and more often wear a smile...
Remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.
So, when your eulogy's being read with your life's actions to rehash...
Would you be proud of the things they say about how you spend your dash??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home