A time to share

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gotta Get Back On the water

last Friday after work, I travelled to Alki to launch my boat, just me and the water and a cigar, no one but myself, me, and i to try to land a big one. I tied my boat to the dock, parked the truck and trailer, hopped in the boat only to find that the batteries were dead... DOD... not going anywhere that fine morning. Here it is Wednesday. Still haven't gotten back out on the water. Bought a new battery and am ready, need time, too many people pulling on my time...
Last night I had our clown alley meeting, it was our annual picnic. Talked my wife into going with me, I think she had a good time and it was nice that she could meet all the clowns I run with. We had some great food, a little "alley" business and then it was "open Mic" time. Several people did some nice fun stuff. When it came to my turn, I performed Dean's Box, and The Wellington Switchboard. I was a bit nervous as it was the first time for either effect in front of an audience of more than two or three.
They went over just fine, need some polishing though...
Time is flying by...
This weekend we will be attending our friend Jessica McDowell's wedding up at Ocean Shores. She has asked me to be the official photographer as her friend who was going to do it has some family issues to attend too. Next weekend is the Renton high school class of 1975's 35th Reunion. I am attending and performing magic, haven't figured out whether it will be walk around close up, or my "stage act," or both...
Might have a gig the following day Down South in Olympia, that one hasn't firmed up yet, I might have over priced myself, but I really don't care, it's an hour drive each way... My brother's wedding is coming up on the 29th, he wants me to perform for his guests. Busy, busy, busy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home