A time to share

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little bit of this...

A little bit of that...
All work & no play... makes Tim a dull boy...
Actually I am rarely accused of all work...
Been walking my mind thru another time...
Our daughter has a boyfriend... Nice boy form church, adtually the pator's kid, I know... PK's... scary...
He is a nice young man and very respectful. They had their "first date" today. A picnig at flaming Geyser state park. Nice first date, no pressure... funny though. He was still at our home at 10 pm when I told him, time to go home...
Gotta have some balance...
on another front...
Last Tuesday at our clown alley meeting I performed my "children's birthday magic show"...
I don't do a lot of childrens shows so I used this as an opportunity to polish it up a little.
It was a good time and lasted about 40 minutes...
I have a negotiation going on for a gig in Dec. It is getting interesting talking with prospective clients. I heard from them about two weeks ago, My friend Chad Reibman turned them down because of a prior... He recommended me and we spoke for about 25 minutes on the phone, they had watched my promo dvd and liked what they saw and the cleanliness of my act.
Now that I am sending them a contract they want to come watch me perform somewhere. While I understand their interest in getting the best magician for their buck, and want to make sure that whoever they hire isn't just some "uncle Bob." It is a little frustrating to feel like I am jumping thru hoops for people. (Roll over, play dead, sit boy, sit!)
And, I am getting to the point that I don't really care if I get the gig or not because I don't Need it. I would like to get it, it would maybe get me more gigs, and I am being as pleasant as possible, but... I told them that most of shows are private affairs like theirs would be, and I cannot just invite people to them.
I emailed them a list of references, We'll see...
My older brother called me last week and informed me that he is getting married on August 29th!
He wants me to perform at his wedding. I told him for weddings I usually only do One trick, anniversary waltz. He said that his fiancé would like my show and so would some others. Well, alrighty then! I'll do a show. We'll work out the length etc. later.
Heard back form the people that "Might" hire me for the Dec. gig.
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the references, I’ll send out emails and give them a call and we’ll go from there.

Thanks
Looks liek I probably lost that one. Oh well, here's what I know.
It is there loss. I have a rocking good time magically.
Low price and quality magic and entertainment.
I don't like jumping thru hoops and I am too old for it anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger markjens said...

Tim, might be time to adjust that pricing structure upward for gigs like this. Perception being what it is, if your price is Uncle Bob's price, they might expect Uncle Bob's magic. We both know you're far beyond that!

Blessings!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Aye Mark, as always, you have words of wisdom....

12:51 AM  
Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Hi Tim, The comment right above mine is a spam link to an Asian Adult site. There is a lot of this showing up on Blogger blogs right now.You might want to delete this and turn on "Word Verification" in your comments settings. Turning on "Comment Moderation" is even better for stopping spam because you will get to screen the comments before they get posted. I hope you have a nice weekend!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Thanks Gerry, I enabled the word verification, hated doing it, but the spammers need controlling.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home