A time to share

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Too Intense. Moi? :)

Recently I have been told by several people that I am too intense. I have been told as well by some people that I have toned down my intensity. I find this an interesting topic, especially as it is said about me. I have some thoughts about this, and it will most likely sound as though I am defending myself... and maybe I am! :) I am intense about politics, religion, magic, abortion, homosexuality, sports, and all manner of things.Oops, almost forgot fishing... MY GAWD MAN! I HOPE YOU ARE INTENSE ABOUT SOMETHING! If not, go away... I find it ironic how someone else gets to label me, or you for that matter. I mean, what is someone had said about me, dude you are passionate! A whole different mind picture is painted, isn't it!? :) I doubt that anyone has ever felt the need to defend their position when someone says you are passionate about something have they? It is now seen as a positive thing! What if someone says you are anal about something? My mentor says of himself that he is anal about his magic and the amount of time he spends practicing. He also says he is anal about photography. What do these words mean anyway? Anal is short for: Analytical. Which the dictionary defines as... 1.pertaining to or proceeding by analysis. 2.skilled in or habitually using analysis. Intense: 1.existing or occurring in a high or extreme degree 2.acute, strong, or vehement, as sensations, feelings, or emotions. 3.of an extreme kind; very great, as in strength, keenness, severity, or the like. 4.having a characteristic quality in a high degree: for example, The intense sunlight was blinding. 5.strenuous or earnest, as activity, exertion, diligence, or thought: an intense life. Passionate: 1.having, compelled by, or ruled by intense emotion or strong feeling; fervid. 2.easily aroused to or influenced by sexual desire. 3.expressing, showing, or marked by intense or strong feeling; emotional: passionate language. 4.intense or vehement, as emotions or feelings. 5.easily moved to anger; quick-tempered; irascible. Funny, but all of these words describe me and in some ways I am very glad that I am passionate, intense and anal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home