A time to share

Friday, March 23, 2007

That screechin sound!

Well, I finally decided to go for it! I have had my eye on Jon Gindicks harmonica jam camp for about two years now.(http://gindick.com/)

He emailed me a few months back and let me know that it will be in Portland Oregon the weekend of Memorial day in May! It is a three day harmonica camp that starts on a Friday evening and ends on Sunday evening. I started playing the harp back in about 1991. I played for awhile and got halfway decent, I think about to the intermediate level. I hit a wall and am hoping to break thru it! My trouble is playing with guitarists, just being able to fit right in. Get that bluesy feeling and sound that everyone wants, so this is my shot! I am hoping that Boeing will pay for some of the class! That would be SWEET!
I had a half hour harmonica jam session with Jon on the phone last Tuesday to find out where I am at and what I can work on to get ready for the class. it was a good session. I am looking forward to improving and playing more!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Timbo!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home