A time to share

Friday, July 13, 2007

More Travelin Man...

Our son Ryan told me the other day that my blog was boring and that It was because I hadn't posted lately. I mentioned to him that our computer at home is dead and that I like to post with pictures. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words... Not being able to upload pictures because our p.c. is dead has made me not post lately. I also told him that I wanted to do a post about his trip to the Philippines and Cambodia, do you have any god photo's? Here is his reply:
Dad,

Here are a few pictures from Cambodia. A little information:

We went to the Goldstone School of HOPE Worldwide in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
We were there for one week working with a class of 8 - 9 year old kids (third grade I believe).

They all speak English to some extent, and we spent time teaching them songs and playing games and sports with them.

They all love football (aka soccer). We also played a lot of basketball.

It was hot and humid all week, we were very sweaty, especially me.

On the last day at the school we brought all the kids a gift bag of school supplies and donations of clothing for the school teachers to distribute later.

The school was started six years ago and each year adds one grade level. They currently have grades 1 - 6 and a total of about 150 students.

On our team were Miyoko, her sister Manami, our friend Tim Jacobs, and myself. We were housed and taken care of by local Cambodians.

Hope this is enough info and some good pictures.

Love ya,

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home