A time to share

Friday, March 26, 2010

What's Been Going On!?

Been two weeks since I last posted on here and a lot of stuff has been going on.
Bible study every Thursday night.
Problems on the home front relating to and with our daughter.
Restrictions, loss of cell phone privilege and more...
Haven't felt like blogging much, but figured it was time to at least put up a post.
The weather is changing but haven't been golfing either..
It is difficult to deal with your children sometimes. They grow up in front of your eyes and sometimes make bad choices. Sometimes it feels like a blow to the stomach.
Two weeks of internal evaluations and external demands.
God is teaching me more about myself thru ordeals.
I won't go into details, but let me just say, I am disapponted.

Magically, been up and down. The ups are always fantastic! Recently spent some time with my friends Mark Jensen and Jose Floresca. We had a nice session last week. It was good to keep it small and uplift and encourage each other!
We have been making plans for more sessions, just the three of us at this time, but maybe open the door for another soon. We are trying to be... accountable to each other. We have many ideas ranging from a new trick to share and teach, to a twenty minute routine or show.
At present, between the three of us, I am the only one actually performing. So it is a good challenge for both Mark and Jose to put together a twenty minute show. It can be close up or parlor. And, I am working on something new as well to share with them.
We are not so naive as to think it so important to always be learning NEW material. We discuss this stuff in depth and we all know how important it is to keep polishing the great material we already have in our repertoire.
Sometimes the NEW material is just to keep oneself sane... so to speak! :)
Mark has some wonderful material as well as Jose, the challenge for them both, as well as myself, is believing in yourself and your material.
It is a "catch 22" of sorts as you need to perform for non magicians to see the reactions you get. This also helps you grow as a performer and allows you to polish your act. But it is difficult to get out there and find an audience.
We have discussed this too. Some thoughts we have are to perform for free as a group of three at some hospitals. Also maybe to offer our services to some Senior centers.
Another challenge is time allotment for performing. It is hard to justify to a spouse the time away when performing for free. Or maybe that is just another excuse!?
Tomorrow I have a performance at the Redmond Marriott Hotel for a Home School Coop Group of 60 -100.
it is a nice paid gig. I am excited and prepared for it!
I find myself having challenges because I do not perform often enough. It is difficult to polish your chops unless you are performing.
Working and practicing in front of a mirror or video camera is all good, but there really is nothing to help one grow like getting out in front of an audience.
Work, pleasure time, family time, church time and various other responsibilities make it challenging.
Priorities!
Then again, dealing with life issues that come our way. Parents, children, siblings and friend issues all steal our time.
So, do your best, live life large! Enjoy the aroma of the coffee. Stop and smell the roses, get on the bike and pedal fast!
Touch others, reach out, pick up the phone, call someone you are merely thinking about.
I do that often, it is very rewarding...
I have chosen to work this weekend. Even though I have a late Saturday night gig. It will keep me on course as far as my "normal" sleep pattern is concerned, which will allow me to be well rested for the Saturday night performance. My birthday is this Sunday, funny but I could really not care less.
What a strange thing, this getting older...
Our country is going down the tubes fast. Obamacare has gutted our financial stability. People are turning a blind eye towards it, and we as a nation are going to pay dearly for our greed.
Should I care?
Should you?
I have a friend who always tells me to keep my eye on the spiritual. The things of God and heaven, to keep your eye on the prize, which is eternal life and rest in heaven.
This hard to do sometimes when the world is falling apart around you. Responsibilities cause you to do some hard things family wise...
But oh so necessary!
Well, I rambled enough on here!
LIVE YOUR DASH!
I'm going to live mine!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Hi Tim,

I hope things are better for you next week!

Gerry http://gerrya2u.blogspot.com/

11:52 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Thank you Gerry, time is healing all!

12:06 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hey Tim, things will get better.just hang in there, give me a buzz if you need to chat...

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home