A time to share

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dropping Like Flies...

Not a very good way to say it, but that is the way one co worker put it to me the other night.
Recently at work we have had a couple of men die, both in their mid fifties. One man died of a heart attack after complaining of shortness of breath all day. People had asked him if they should get medical to come take a look at him? He said "no, I'll go to the doctor on Monday... sadly Monday never arrived for him as he had his heart attack that weekend. Last Wednesday we lost another man to an auto accident. He was trying to sell his car to a potential customer and while "showing" it off, he went around a curve too fast, off the road and into a ditch. He struck a tree and died. The passenger lived.All of this saddens me and again it reminds me to "Tell the ones you love that you love them."
Live your life. Get after something you have been putting off. Mend some bridges. A few weeks ago the voice of the Seattle Mariners Dave Niehaus died. I was saddened by this as well. I actually found myself tearing up several times as I listened to the radio and all the talk about this wonderful man. So what am I trying to really say here?
Get on with your life man!
LIVE! Smile! Walk with some bounce! Be vibrant!
I need to take my own advice.
Yesterday was Friday, I met with a fellow magician after work in the morning. I sold him a set of linking rings that I have, an extra set as for some odd reason I bought another set. Now I had four sets and what the heck do I need them all for? A nice back up set is necessary so I met my friend John and made him happy. I got home and stayed awake all day. I worked on repairing some gimmick coins, doing some things with flash paper for a new magic trick I am working o. It was a very productive day magically and yet, since it was "all behind the scenes" stuff... in a way it feels as though I didn't do anything... weird!
On the other side of that same coin I have bit of a glow from it too.
It wasn't so long a go that I was totally in the dark about all of this and now I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel (At least today!)...
Life is good, enjoy it, share it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Yep, sad about those two guys. I didn't know the guy on 3rd, although I've seen him. But the other one I talked to daily. Considering we have medics right on our site, it didn't need to happen. The older we get, the more careful we have to be with our selves.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Amen Gerry, I think us men need to get our ego's in check, or maybe get over being embarassed that we may need to be looked at. It saddens me to think if the gentleman had simply had medical come to him and look him over, he'd be alive today most likely. However, it is easy to talk like this when it hasn't happened to me, I suppose I might have done the same thing.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home