A time to share

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ah What a Lucky Man

I am...
We don't go in for Valentines day much anymore...(just a wee bit!)

when you've been married for 25 years, it just doesn't have the lustre it used to, besides the commercialization of the event really bites! People having to be told to tell the one they love to tell them they love them... Walked into safeway and was disgusted by the overwhelming display of red, pink, and white balloons. The candy boxes etc. Enough to make a guy throw up! All the commercials on T.V and radio practically willing you to go out and buy that special someone a diamond or gold necklace, tennis bracelet, or ring... Most people haven't even finished paying off their debt from the commercialized adulteration of Christmas! It's enough to make a guy SCREAM! I think I just did!
Now, don't get me wrong. I am a lucky man, and I love my wife tremendously. She is awesome and we make a great couple. We have enjoyed each other, and grown so much together over the years.She has really learned to let her inner self out...

We enjoyed a special time out last night.(not Valentines day) Our daughter was away at a friends,Katie's getting to be just like her! and we went out to dinner at Dukes Chowder house, just the two of us. It was nice. Excellent food, and excellent company!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home