A time to share

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A bit of this, a bit of that

Been awhile since I last posted.
Fathers day has come and gone. It was a nice time with my family.
Fathers day has always been kind of a downer for me. I still have a lot of weird feelings about my fathers. As I get older and hopefully wiser, I begin to understand them all and my mom's place in their lives. The Big picture begins to come into focus a little more. How I was shaped by the events of my fathers, or lack of fathers in my growing up years. How my mom tried to do her best but was also affected by the "men" in her life. This has all caused me to be the father I am. Some good, some maybe not so good. I think I used all negatives to try to be the opposite. I wasn't always successful, but overall, I think it worked out pretty well!
I am still growing as I continue on the journey. My children all seem to be fine people and I am very proud of each of them. They are all different individuals and have wonderful, unique qualities which I find fascinating to see in them as they mature into adulthood.
I didn't have a father to role model after, so it is interesting at times to catch myself feeling my way... I have spoken with our oldest son Ryan about this. Him and I are moving into a nice place relationally.

Friday I and some friends went to Auburn golf course. We had a great time and the weather was finally nice. They have done some great things at the course. A new club house and have worked hard to shore up the drainage problem. I shot a 90 with three lost balls. Always something! :)

Saturday was kind of a milestone event for me. It was the one year anniversary of my magical out coming so to speak! I performed once again at my job site for what was termed, Employee Appreciation day. Clowns, soft ice cream cones, lattes, Hamburgers, hot dogs, hydro planes, a live band, and me performing magic. I performed for about two hundred people. It was a nice set that took about an hour. The crowd was good and responsive. Much laughter and clapping and some hooting and hollering. A great and wonderful time was had by all.
I had a usual faux pas. I mis called the big cheese (like Vice President of Operations) by an improper name, his name is Scott and I called him bob. I asked him if he knew my name and he said, "Mud!" everyone laughed at this... I would just like to point out...how much fun I was having!
Actually, I was having a ball!

My daughter told me after the show that a clown was doing magic for a few kids during my performance. He was directly to my right side, about 15-20 feet from me. You would think he would show a little more respect or know some better etiquette!
I suppose I can learn from it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan F said...

Dad,

Thanks for the post. Been wondering what's goin on these days! I'd like to get out and see you guy's soon. Maybe this weekend?

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home