A time to share

Friday, September 05, 2008

Neglect

I have been neglecting this blog lately. I don't know why. Maybe it's simply because I don't hear from the faithful 3and a half often enough?
Anyway, what's been happening?
I went golfing on Wednesday with my friend Mike. It was a beautiful day in the sun. I got up early at about 1pm and we had a 2:30 tee time. I usually golf after work int eh morning, so this was a nice treat. Druidsglen is a wonderful track and mighty tough. I don't know what my score ended up being. It has been awhile since I golfed and I had no touch. I had a blast though, and drove the ball 275 yards a couple of times.
Last weekend Ryan returned home from his trip to Denver and Dallas. He went to Denver to spend some time with his girlfriend Myoko and her family. Ah, young love! Travel clear across half the country to be with someone! Myoko has spent about a month or two traveling across Europe. Italy, France and so on.
After Denver, Ryan went to Dallas and was one of the keynote speakers at a christian singles conference where he spoke to a room of around 1500 people! That is totally awesome! He arrived back in Seattle Sunday night and spent a night and day with us.
I drove him home on Monday and had an opportunity to meet some of his friends. I performed some great magic for them. Mostly cards but I did perform crazy man's hand cuffs with rubber bands. Too much fun.
Last Saturday was a family reunion of sorts. My cousin called it and it was at Lake Wilderness by my home. It was kinda weird. Most of my cousins live about 60 miles North of me and the Reunion was from 9 am to 2 pm. That is the time we had reserved for the picnic shelter at Lk. Wilderness. My wife and I arrived at 10:30 am and we were the first ones there. Soon my cousins arrived at 11:30 and 12 noon. They drove a long way for a two hour visit. My sister arrived at about 1:30. I invited everyone over to our home but had no takers.
Boeing machinists union local 751 which I am a reluctant member voted to reject the contract Boeing offered us. We are supposed to be on strike right now, but for some odd reason our union big wigs is allowing a 48 hour window for Boeing to strengthen their offer. That window closes in about 22 hours.
School has started again and Katie, now 15 is beginning her sophomore year. Soon she will be driving and dating! Argh!
Hey Eric, if you are reading this... I love you!
Sunday evening I will be performing in Tacoma at the Life Center for about 90 senior citizens. Looking forward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home