A time to share

Friday, March 13, 2009

Busy Friday

Got up early today, the garage door repair man came over at 1pm... supposedly...
I woke up at about 12:15, took a shower, shaved etc... got some coffee going, enjoyed some quite time with my wife and the newspaper, He calls about quarter to 1.
Gonna be late, shows up about 2:30. Half hour or so, and a 130 bucks later, the broken spring on my garage door is replaced, and we're good to go. A man arrives at about 3 pm. Names D'orr. (like Christian Dior) I met him on Tuesday at my clown alley meeting, seems D'orr wants to learn magic.
Nice fellow, 66 years young. Loves magic, has a wonderful childish laugh. I shared with him many things, he's laughing and chuckling the whole time. My wife tells me after D'orr leaves that I ought to hire him to come to all my shows. One of those people who has that infectious laugh!
D'orr and I sessioned for 3 1/2 hours! Wow, how time flies when you're having fun!
Coins, cards ropes and more. He wants it all baby!
I know exactly how he feels. It is a funny, good feeling, to see how far I've come in five and half years. D'orr got excited about magic a year ago after watching Mac King perform in Las Vegas. He's been fired up ever since!
Again, I know the feeling!

After a nice dinner of beef stew, my family settled in to watch a movie. Katie chose this one it was a Will Smith movie with Charleze Theron. They were misfit super heroes. The name of the movie is Hancock, I cannot really recommend it. Actually quite a let down in my opinion from the quality of movies Will Smith and Charleze Theron have put out in the past.
The movie was about a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10.
So that was my busy day! Now I am at work and getting on with Saturday!

3 Comments:

Blogger markjens said...

Hey Tim, if you all haven't watched it with any of your church groups, I would highly recommend the movie, "Fireproof." It is a good movie with much to teach about marriage and relationships. We watched it as a family movie and I was happy to talk with my three sons afterward about what it means to be a husband. Take care,

Mark

12:06 PM  
Blogger John said...

What was it about the movie Hancock didn't you like? I felt it was a good movie. I saw it as a movie about a man who was lonley and didn't fit in, he was forced by morality to do good, but the end result was even more damage. He was resentful to the people he tried to help because he was despised by them.... UNTILL he went away.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Timmy Jimmy said...

Well, I will be honest, the movie wasn't "fleshed" out enough.
And I didn't like that adultery was glossed over. The two supposed 'angels' were married, and now she has married a mortal. I can do without all the swearing too. It is getting rather old isn't it?
I think we as a society are being bombarded with a host of wrong moral values, and the more Hollywood pushes it, the more relaxed and accepted these hurtful practices become.
The premise of the movie was good, but I think it goes overboard in some areas.
Both Will Smith and Charleze Theron, in my opinion, are better actors than what I saw.
Too me it looked like a 'B' movie.
Could have been done much better, almost like they rushed through it.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home