A time to share

Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday long

Today is Friday, I decided to stay up all day. I had some help in that decision by leaving my sport bag at work this morning. I drove all the way home, opened the back door of the car to retrieve the bag and bring it into the house, and... it wasn't there on the back seat. It has been there for five years straight, what the ...
Oh man, I gotta drive all the way back to work and home again!
Con found it man!
I got a cup of coffee on the way back in to work... got my bag and headed home. Because of the coffee, I was a little wired when I got home. Lot's of things I can do.
I emailed Mark Jensen to see if he wanted to come over and play. Just like when I was a little kid!
He did, and arrived in the afternoon... sweet, we chatted for a while, I showed him my photo album from World Magic Seminar and we got into some magic together. I shared with him some video of Chris Mayhew, some awesome card sleights I have recently been working on. If I can get these two sleights down, watch out!
It was a good day, just spending time with my friend.
He showed me his new card prediction effect he got from Dean Dill, it's called The Revelation, it is a sweet effect, "Someone draws a picture of (any) playing card and that actual card is found to be inside an envelope which has been in plain sight the entire time!"
Dean showed it to me when I was at World Magic Seminar in Vegas in March. It was too expensive for a one trick pony. But it is an awesome effect. Very well thought out and very nicely packaged.
Mark does some nice things with a file... he files down the edges of his playing cards. He first showed this to me about four years ago, I liked it then and I like it now... Haven't figured out what the purpose is for smoother edges yet, but I'm sure after he reads this he'll let me know! Mark gifted me on eof the files.
Marks cell phone kept going off, his three children couldn't leave him alone. I think we got in about three hours of play time before he jetted off as Mr. Chauffeur.
It was great seeing him again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home