A time to share

Friday, March 11, 2011

Palm Springs...


After the wonderful plane ride and drive down the interstate to Palm Springs, which by the way, kind of shot that day, which was a Monday, and my wife and mines 30th wedding anniversary... we went out to dinner at a place called "Babes." Why we chose a BBQ joint... I am not sure.
The food was really good and we enjoyed ourselves. I had a runny nose and my eyes were running and puffy as well.
Tuesday was my planned golf day. I chose to golf in the morning so as not to take up the whole day by golfing an afternoon round. I golfed an the PGA West Nicklaus Tournament course. It was a spendy bill... if you know what I mean, and I think you do!
The course was spectacular.
The weather perfect! About 80 degrees. I was not used to this heat as in Seattle it was in the 30's when we left.


I must say though that it didn't take long to really enjoy the venue at PGA West.
I somehow managed four birdies, and three pars.
I also had some large numbers resulting in a final score of 92 from the white tees.
I haven't golfed much lately, and I was pretty amazed at my putting. It is what got those birdies, well some really nice approach shots didn't hurt either.
The ball really flies well in that California heat!

I golfed with two older gentlemen. I think they were both in their 70's. We had a great time and I think they enjoyed watching me get into and out of trouble out there!
Wednesday my wife and I planned a trip on the Palm Springs Tram. This was really pretty cool.
We drove to the tram which was about 2000 plus feet of elevation, then get on the tram and it takes you up the mountain to an elevation over 8000 feet.

You copuld see the whole of Palm Springs and teh surrounding dessert from there!
We went from 80 degrees to 40 something in a matter of minutes, from hot sunshine to sun soaked snow!
It was pretty neat.
We also visited a Palm Date farm and learned about dates.
Ate dinner that evening at a place called Jackalope Ranch.
This is a beautiful place.
We arrived early and walked the grounds and noticed some oranges on many trees in the area.
They were up pretty high as I think the lower ones that were within reach had probably been picked.
I found a tree with a few within reach and picked some. Joan was a bit upset with me, but hey... I'm on vacation... I peeled them and they turned out to be nice and large Tangerines. I picked some more and they were really sweet and juicy. I don't know why the establishment at Jackalope Ranch didn't pick them and offer them to people coming for dinner or happy hour?
We went back to our hotel for a nap,

(View from out hotel)
and to refresh as I was pretty sick and tired, worn out... we had dinner later at Jackalope Ranch and I ordered a Buffalo Steak.
I was worried about it as I had never had Buffalo before and the price was pretty high, and I was hoping I would like it... well, it was EXCELLENT!
Thursday we slept in a bit and then went into downtown Palm Springs to walk around and see all the shops.
We had a good time and enjoyed the place.
I would enjoy going back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Very nice place Tim. And congratulations on your 30 years!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Tom Frank said...

Birdie Man!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home