A time to share

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why I Love Magic

People often ask me how or why I got into magic.
It's a long story...
Or they might ask a little deeper question about what you see in magic? Or better yet, what drew you into doing magic? What is it about magic and performing tricks, fooling people that makes it worthwhile for you to do?
That is an interesting question to me, and I don't know if I have a definitive answer.
All I know is that when I am fooled by magic, it is intriguing, astonishing and much more to me.
Not just a puzzle, but when magic is performed as magic... it is wondrous....
The other night at work I had to fill in for some guys as we were short handed. I had to move a couple of planes in the factory, and some stabilizer dolly's and Fin bucks into the various buildings.
This allowed me to work with many "new" people. I know them all sort of, but the way Boeing is, there are always some new faces.
I work with a man named Joe Henry, he is a fork lift operator like me, and has watched me perform many magic tricks. So I thought he would enjoy some of my latest and greatest... He did, and as I performed for him, some others noticed and pretty soon I was performing for many men,well mostly men. My supervisor is a woman and I did some magic for her too... It was really great to see wonder, excitement, astonishment and JOY on these men's faces. I added a little laughter and joy into their lives while at work.
I changed the whole atmosphere of the place.
That is an amazing thing to be able to do. it only took maybe ten minutes, but soon several "guys" were coming up to me wanting to see the trick with the stick. (Hot rod)
What an awesome thing we are able to do.
I left that place feeling really good about myself, and I am sure I left smiles in my wake!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Sounds good, we can always use more smiles down there :)

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home