A time to share

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Humpty Dumpty...

Sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall... All the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty back together again!
Well I hope this isn't true with the marvelous technology of today!
I went to the hardware store and picked up some Rutland Furnace Cement.Or in this case "refractory cement." Whatever that is!
I slathered it all over the broken pieces, in between them after wetting the edges so the cement will sink in and bond. The package says it will be stronger than before it was broke.
Basically trying to glue the hibachi pot back together again! This stuff says it is good up to 2000 degrees. I'll let it sit for two days to dry. And on Monday I'll slowly burn some wood chips in it to "cure" it! I think it will work! Wishful thinking? Maybe.

One week to go until I perform walk around at the Renton High School class of 1978 reunion. Should be a great time as I know many of the alumni. I graduated the year before, 1978, and my younger brother was in that class. I haven't performed much walk around, do this will be a good opportunity to see what I got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home