A time to share

Friday, October 10, 2008

Magic @ MapleLeaf

I had a show for the people at The Stratford @ MapleLeaf today.
This is a senior center. The patrons enjoyed the show. It lasted an hour.An interesting crowd of about 50 people. Mostly senior citizens but a few younguns too. Everything went well!
They were very excited to have a magician come and perform for them. I was advertised for at least a week before the show. I did my regular one hour act. Tomorrow I have a two hour "walk around" gig!
Later I called son Ryan and we hooked up in Seattle. Spent some time with him at his home and the half price books.This was the view of the sunset and Seattle skyline from half price books tonight as we were leaving!
Today was his last day of work. Yep, he is 24 and quit his nice paying job with benefits. No economic down turn affecting him!
Actually this has been in the works. He can't stand his job and we have discussed this in detail. He is single and not tied down. He didn't like being cooped up in an office 8-10 hours a day.
There is more to life than making money and he wants to look into finding out more about himself and what he wants out of life.
I gave him my blessing. He is thinking of working up at Crystal Mountain ski resort this winter.
Hey, More power to him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home