A time to share

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friday Golf

I went golfing yesterday after work with my friend Mike.
We got on at Riverbend golf course in Kent.
It was a nice, chilly day. We have been experiencing a lot of rain and cold weather. Could someone tell Al Gore to turn on the heat!
We could use some global warming or climate change in these parts...
I started of well with a par on hole # 1. bogeyed two and parred the "Ted" hole. I call every hole # 3 on a golf course the "Ted" hole. My brother Teds, (may he rest in peace) favorite # was the number 3, after the great Babe Ruth. So to keep his memory alive, I dedicate every # 3 hole while golfing to him (If I remember, and I usually do)...anyway, I had a great time, and shot an 87. Could have been much better but I blew up on # 17. I am stiff and sore today but if I can get out and golf more often... that should take care of itself.
I am wondering how the weight loss of the past several months will help my swing. I am at present about 182 pounds. I made it up to about 197 last year and was contemplating going over two hundred just to say I did, But decided to push myself away from the table a little sooner. I also stopped eating large quantities of ice cream after work in the morning right before bedtime. I think this is the most significant factor in my weight loss.
Now I think I need to actually begin lifting weights or at least doing some sort of limbering exercises...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gerry Adams said...

Ice Cream is still my greatest weakness when it comes to eating healthy. I don't even want to know what I weigh right now. have a nice week Tim!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home